Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fashion Journal Entry #1: May 5, 2012-"Shinin' on a Cloudy Day"


Greetings friends! Kristen here and those of you who know me know that this is yet another one of my many blogs! I have seen numerous fashion blogs featuring lovely young ladies taking photos of themselves in their daily looks and it's something that I've always wanted to do. For the longest I've just been waiting to get a proper camera because on some of the sites I've seen, the things the girls are wearing aren't really all that cute; they are simply more accentuated by a good quality lens.

However, I realize now that this was just another excuse; one of the things I have vowed to do away with in 2012, so I've stopped procrastinating and am now venturing into this little endeavor. Hopefully it will grow to something that will aid me on my path of discovery; i.e. my journey towards being discovered. (Someone see me and want to use me, in a good way, pleeease!!)


So here is my first post. This blog will basically feature photos of me on random days when I think I look especially jazzy (such as the photo above) and as my Polyvore page has been missing me lately, I will use the photo(s) to create sets describing what I wore and showcasing similar looks (such as the photo in the POST above).


From time to time I may even post photos of people I see out and about dressed in a way that catches my eye; which would be a pleasant surprise here in Countrytown, USA a.k.a. Fayetteville, North Carolina. My very own blog posts may be far and few between because my lack of a social life has my need to get cute on the low low. However (I write however a lot, by the way), I spoke to a friend of mine from college, who also happens to be one of the people responsible for arousing my eccentric style, and she told me, in so many words, "Girl, don't let where you are living right now stifle your style creativity. Even if you are just going to the grocery store, put on your shit!"

So that's what I'm doing: I'm putting on my shit! On the photo above, I was simply at my little sister's place visiting and playing with her newborn baby but I still chose to get funky with it. You like? :)

I know some of ya'll may try to clown me because of the fanny pack but damn you, fanny packs are the business. I'm not a big fan of purses and when I do carry one, I prefer it to only be big enough to carry my basic essentials: phone, wallet, camera, travel-sized hand lotion, lip gloss, and if I'm driving, my car keys.

I actually had a bright idea to custom-make my own fanny packs. I will spare you the excuses as to why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

In other news, I am going to Washington, D.C. this weekend to see my sister Nia graduate from Howard University! Her degree is in Fashion Merchandising and she has quite a lucrative future ahead of her. Check out her blog Nia Fashionista. She is another one of the reasons I have decided to get my fashion blog on. I love her page; it's all professional looking and thangs. I'll get there one day; for now I'm gonna rock with the low-budget look! :p

I am really looking forward to this weekend, though! I bought some cute things to wear out and even found a new way to rock old pieces. I'm gon' be CUTE! I have a date with a friend from college on Friday, the graduation on Saturday morning, out for drinks on Saturday evening, and then lunch for Mother's Day on Sunday! I can't wait to wear all the things I have yet to wear here! The flyness shall be royal...so expect some new posts soon!

Until then, stay sugar sharp!

Love,

K 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, cute! I like fanny packs also and saw really cute ones at a market in London but didn't get them due to price. You should def do the DIY fanny pack, it would make a nice blog post and maybe I could actually have one then!

    xo
    Nia

    BTW I am following you now, of course :) Follow back.

    http://niafashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am loving how inspired I am becoming by all of this and hope I can follow through with it all!! You know how I have a tendency to get bored with things but I have a good feeling about this! Motivated!! :D

      Delete