Friday, June 15, 2012

Fashion Finds: Souvenir Tee and Rice Bag Backpack

Hello my dear fashionistas!

I know I haven't posted in a while! I just haven't been doing much so I haven't had any cause to post anything! I am currently on holiday in Myrtle Beach with the family! Yesterday was my birthday and ALL I wanted for my birthday was to come to the beach...and my birthday wish came true! And the best part is the fact that the weather man said it was going to rain all week! Ha! Sunny skies, all day, errrrrday! Take that, meteorologist!!

I didn't do much on my birthday...just chillaxed on the beach, got a great tan! Then yesterday evening, my peoples and I took a stroll down to the boardwalk, which yielded some mixed feelings. I hated it because there was nothing but kids down there! I think the age range was from 16-23...and they were EV-E-RY-WHERE!! I couldn't breathe there were so many! I felt so old! :p

But the best part was that I found two super cute fashion finds. The first is the classic souvenir shirt. I knew I wanted something that said Myrtle Beach on it but most souvenir items are so corny. Coffee mugs, ashtrays, picture frames, boring-t-shirts. But I found this adorable tie-dyed half top from one of the shops on the strip; I can't remember the name of the shop, but isn't the shirt just lovely?



Here are a few shots of me wearing it on the beach with my bathing suit:



Isn't it cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute? It was on sale for $9.99 AND it was buy one, get one free so my sister got one as well. She picked out a blank one actually and had a design added to it (there were like about 70 or so to choose from); I picked out a nice one for her:


Nia Fashionista, winner of the Blog Cat Awards, ladies and gentlemen! ;)
 
Next stop was a shop called Good Vibes; it sold things like incense, bongs, Bob Marley posters and t-shirts, lighters, etc. I was only planning to buy some Nag Champa incense as I have been looking for it FOREVER, but I kept finding myself gravitating towards this totally awesome backpack. I learned that it is made of 100% recycled rice bags. It cost $32.99 and at first I questioned if it was worth it. But then I decided that I owed it to myself for my birthday...so I GOT IT!!



I love that the bag matched so perfectly with what I wore last night. It's my new favorite bag; it's just sooooooooooo me! Plus, it made me feel like I was actually somewhere, other than South Carolina. I normally only find unique things like this on my foreign travels so for a brief moment, I was transported. Maybe it will have this same effect every time I wear the bag! We'll see...I certainly hope so!! :)

So yes, that's all I have for you for now! I still have a lot cute things I bought that I can't wait to wear to show you! Hopefully next week, as my sister is in town so we may be setting up some photo ops while she's around!

So stay tuned! Off to enjoy the last few moments of my vacation! Ciao, bellas!!!

Love,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment