Monday, June 4, 2012

Style on My Mind: Random Ramblings

Greetings friends and fashionistas!

I haven't been posting much lately as JCPenney has finally seemed to acknowledge that I work there and as a result have given me proper hours on the schedule. Plus, outside of work, my social life has pretty much been at a standstill...as normal; however this will change over the next week or so.

I have been really excited about my trip to Myrtle Beach next week and am praying to our Heavenly Father that we are blessed with gorgeous weather! The weather reports have been trying to dampen our spirits but we aren't going to let them be victorious! There shall be sunny skies...oh yes...there shall be sunny skies!

In the meantime, I am totally trying to organize my wardrobe. Those who know me know that I like to plan/pack way in advance for my trips. It has been difficult this go round, though because none of my bathing suits fit me anymore. My tops are okay but my bikini bottoms now fit me like thongs (not a good look). So I am on the hunt for the perfect bathing suit...but what kind to buy?

Because I like to tan as much of my body as possible, I have always been a big fan of bikinis. Now, I am more drawn to the vintage bathing suits of the good old days.

How gorgeous is this photo?
Classic, timeless, ultra-feminine! I am just in love with the high-waist swim bottoms that the lovely on the far left is wearing. Plus, as someone who isn't too keen on having all the cheeks out while vacationing with family, the boycut short, skort and swimdress styles are what I am all about right now.

I saw this super-cute suit in TJ Maxx the other day. It is very similar in style to the bikini mentioned above except it's navy blue and the bottom is a skort. But it had a cute bow on the bodice and the around the waist of the skort. Just adorable. It was a size 10, though. I may go back on Thursday when I do my holiday shopping and try it on.

I also see online that Target has a lot of vintage inspired swimdresses in stock, such as this simple little number here:

Merona Women's Shirred 1-piece Swimdress
It's available in a variety of colors and comes with removable straps. I read a few reviews on it, though, and many complain of the torso being too short. As someone with a long torso, I don't imagine this would work for me but I still find it simple and cute enough.

This one is also really cute:

Mossimo Women's 1-Piece Bandeau Swimdress
If you saw the inspiration board I posted the other day, then you would know that I am a big fan of the bandeau top. With my small top and full hips, I can see this suit looking really nice on me; plus it has some great reviews!

Naturally, as I don't have time to order a swimsuit online, I have to consider what is available to me in Fayetteville. I am not particularly impressed with the swimsuits at JCPenney although I did ring up a lady who found a pretty red swimdress for herself. I will also check out my favorite spot for hidden treasures, Ross (Dress for Less) and there may be some reasonably priced suits in Forever 21.

However...if I DID have the time to order online and had the finances to appeal to my expensive taste, then I would order this little beauty:

Teal Knit Bikini by Lover from Bona Drag

I am definitely on the hunt for the high-waist this season. I'm trying to get my pin-up girl on! Plus, how about this for a bomb cover-up:

Mara Hoffman Ibis Sheer Chiffon Cocoon Cover-up
I would wear this daily...
Talk about chillaxing on the beach in style! Arrrrgh, this is only frustrating me! I am ready to go shopping!! I will be sure to have my camera with me so that I can properly share the experience with you. I am trying to replenish my savings so I will definitely be on the hunt for bargains but you already know that I am going to assemble something just darling! Stay tuned!

On the flipside, I am also trying to figure out what to do with my hair. As you know I have these ridiculously long box braids in my hair and they are beginning to annoy the holy crap out of me. I desperately want to take them out but I think that doing so before a trip to the beach would be a bit counterproductive. So instead, I am looking into creative ways I can tie them up and away and out of my damn sight.


Shame I can't remember where I found this photo but I am loving the variety of styles she presents in this collage. Obviously, I am a big fan of all the turban looks but I can imagine the way she has her hair tied in the top left photo would complete my vintage swimwear look. That is, of course, if I don't bend under pressure and remove my braids altogether. 

We'll see. I still have about 10 days before we hit the road and on 7 of those days, I have to work so I may not have time to do anything with my hair but I know I want something fresh and new for my birthday so again, we'll see.

So yea, this was just a random post about nothing to kind of fill the slots until I post a new look or Polyvore set! Oh, and I'd like to give a big welcome to my newest blog member Jersey Girl! Check out her blog at hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com! She recently posted this photo of a new look she tried on her nails, one that I shall be copying, thank you:

Two Tone Manicure by Jersey Girl
So summery, so cute! I like!!

Well, my lovelies, it is nearing my bedtime so I am going to sign out! I hope to have some fashionable news for you over the next couple of days!

Until then, keep it cool, keep it retro!

Love,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment