Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fashion Week Street Style Inspired

Fashion Week Street Style


Style set contest entry...rules were to create a set inspired by the featured fashion looks provided. This look in particular caught my eye. It's very casual and effortless yet very stylish!

After I created the set, I browsed through a few other contest entries and came across another girl who used this look in her set. She was able to find other photos of this woman as well and I learned that her name is Leandra Medine:

Photo courtesy of "All the Pretty Birds"
A bit more probing (via The Coveteur) led me to the new knowledge that she is an author, and more popularly she is the creator of the blog, "The Man Repeller". I then learned of this interesting term "man repelling" which is defined as such:  

"Manrepelling: outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls, shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.” 

Well, thanks for that, Coveteur!

(By the way, click on the link for The Coveteur above for some great photos of Leandra's style! And for more "MR" style, click here!) 

I took the following photo from Leandra's blog:

Here's what she had to say about her look:

Irony, oh irony. When I saw this shirt at American Apparel I laughed and rolled my eyes and did this weird thing with my tongue that tends to signal confusion before I yanked it off its hanger and took it toward the register. Part of me felt like a drug smuggler, but most of me recognized the silliness of this shirt–obviously, we don’t all post the same stuff–even though I did hope I’d find several variations of these photos that were taken on Tuesday to write a story called “I’m So Irreverent, What’s Up?” Black and white graphics look great with anything. A double cheers if the graphics in question muse funny or at very least, controversial things.

What I also found super cool is that it wasn't after I saw the other photos of Leandra that I noticed that the red bracelet on her arm is in the shape of lips...I too created the set with a red bracelet in the shape of lips. Aaaaah, stylish minds think alike!

Again, check out her blog The Man Repeller. I am in love with her style and will definitely adding her posts to my RSS feed!

Sigh. I can't wait to have a reason (and the finances) to dress awesome and just be fabulous for the fun of it. One day, one day! Until then, I will keep being inspired by cool chicks like Leandra!

Ciao babies! Tis my bedtime! More posts soon!

Love,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment